Show simple item record

dc.contributor.authorGraphic Communications Department
dc.date.accessioned2021-06-16T18:10:47Z
dc.date.available2021-06-16T18:10:47Z
dc.date.issued1966
dc.identifier.otherStout Series 151
dc.identifier.urihttp://digital.library.wisc.edu/1793/82103
dc.descriptionThe origins of the Graphic Communications Department began with the arrival of Charles E. Eslinger who was placed in charge of "Printing, Primary Handwork" in 1912. In 1919, C.W. Hague came to Stout to teach printing. He, in turn, was replaced by William Baker in 1933. Baker had additional duties handed to him when he was placed in charge of Printing and Publications. In 1947, Baker became head of the Department of Graphic Arts. Two years later, Lloyd Whydotski was hired and soon replaced Baker following his death. In 1971, the Graphic Arts Department and the Industrial Graphics Department were merged to form the Graphic Communications Department, with William Amthor as its first department chair.en_US
dc.description.abstractThis collection includes correspondence, departmental policies, and reports from the Graphic Communications Department.en_US
dc.language.isoen_USen_US
dc.subjectUniversity of Wisconsin--Stout. Graphic Communications.en_US
dc.subjectVisual communicationen_US
dc.titleFinding Aid for Graphic Communications Department Files, 1966-en_US
dc.typeOtheren_US


Files in this item

Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record