Finding Aid for Graphic Communications Department Files, 1966-
Graphic Communications Department
MetadataShow full item record
This collection includes correspondence, departmental policies, and reports from the Graphic Communications Department.
University of Wisconsin--Stout. Graphic Communications.
The origins of the Graphic Communications Department began with the arrival of Charles E. Eslinger who was placed in charge of "Printing, Primary Handwork" in 1912. In 1919, C.W. Hague came to Stout to teach printing. He, in turn, was replaced by William Baker in 1933. Baker had additional duties handed to him when he was placed in charge of Printing and Publications. In 1947, Baker became head of the Department of Graphic Arts. Two years later, Lloyd Whydotski was hired and soon replaced Baker following his death. In 1971, the Graphic Arts Department and the Industrial Graphics Department were merged to form the Graphic Communications Department, with William Amthor as its first department chair.