Show simple item record

dc.contributor.authorChancellor’s Office
dc.date.accessioned2021-05-21T17:50:08Z
dc.date.available2021-05-21T17:50:08Z
dc.date.issued1966
dc.identifier.otherStout Series 116
dc.identifier.urihttp://digital.library.wisc.edu/1793/81956
dc.descriptionThe Louis Smith Tainter house is a two-and-one-half story rectangular structure built in 1890. Tainter, the man who commissioned the building and for whom the structure was named, was a wealthy lumberman and prominent figure in Menomonie. The University of Wisconsin-Stout acquired the Tainter House in 1941 using money from the Eichelberger legacy and the home became known as Eichelberger Hall. The building was remodeled and subsequently used as a dorm and office space. Following its placement on the National Register of Historic Places concerned with that renovation.en_US
dc.description.abstractThis collection includes correspondence, floor plans, photographs, and reports of the house as well as biographies of the Tainter family and the architect, Harvey Ellis.en_US
dc.language.isoen_USen_US
dc.subjectUniversity of Wisconsin--Stout -- Louis Smith Tainter House.en_US
dc.titleFinding Aid for Louis Smith Tainter House File, 1966-1980en_US
dc.typeOtheren_US


Files in this item

Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record