A history of the elementary schools in the township of Melrose, 1854-1948
This study is concerned with the elementary school in the Village of Melrose, Wisconsin, and with the three one-room rural schools in the township of Melrose in Jackson County, Wisconsin from 1854 to 1948. It is the purpose of this study to (1) describe, inasmuch as possible, the establishment of the village and rural schools of Melrose, (2) to record information concerning the facilities, curriculum, student body, and philosophy of these schools, (3) identify early instructors, their training, and their methods, (4) recount memorable incidents in relation to local instuction, and(5) to describe events, in the area and state, which led to the closing of the rural schools and overall changes in the local instructional center.
Elementary schools -- Wisconsin -- Melrose (Town) -- History
Schools -- Melrose (Wis. : Town) -- History